Homework is expected of all students and will be set by all teachers as a way to revise concepts and skills covered in class.
The following points outline our expectations:
- Oral and independent reading each night. This is the most important part of homework and should be promoted with children as the first priority. Ideally home reading should be a habit that is practised every night.
- Practising a skill or process in English and Maths that students can do independently but not fluently.
- Optional work elaborating on information that has been addressed in class to deepen students’ knowledge and/or provide opportunities for students to explore topics of their own interest. This may include an online component.
The following time guidelines apply:
- K-2 – around 10 mins per night for 4 nights per week
- Years 3-4 – around 20 mins per night for 4 nights per week
- Years 5-6 – around 30 mins per night for 4 nights per week